15 Paul Dr. Moose Jaw, SK

Emmanuel Lutheran Church is a congregation of Lutheran Church-Canada.

 

What We Believe.

Our services are at 10AM Sunday mornings and generally last about an hour. A warm welcome and casual atmosphere awaits members and visitors alike. We celebrate Holy Communion every Sunday and ask that you speak to the Pastor or an Elder before communing.

We are a Liturgical Church that makes use of a digital projection screen and utilizes a variety of musical genres throughout the year.

.: COVID 19 PROTOCOLS :.

We are following Provincial guidelines and recommendations during this time of the pandemic.

OUR HISTORY

Emmanuel Lutheran was officially organized in 1934 as Zoar Lutheran Church. However, Lutherans in the area were gathering together in 1912 under the Pastoral leadership of Rev. C. Wetzstein who was a travelling missionary from the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. In the early days, Divine Service (worship services) were held in a small bunkhouse on Riverside, which is current day South Hill. In 1915 the place of worship was moved to 360 Ominica St. E. Over next few years, hard times struck the area and there were no worship services for 7 years. Thankfully they resumed  again in 1927 at the YMCA building under Pastor D. Ludwig from Corinne. At the November 12, 1934 meeting, the decision was made to purchase a building at 228 Fairford St. W for $500.00. On February 5, 1939 the official name was changed from Zoar to Emmanuel Lutheran. By 1954 the congregation had outgrown that building and purchased the corner of 4th Avenue and Ominica St. W. The cornerstone for the new church was laid on April 24, 1955. The cost of the church and manse was $44,140.00

An ambitious project to begin building a new church was undertaken by Rev. W.G. Lunderby and the congregation with a goal of raising $100,000 per year for five years. This goal was met and construction began on the current building at 15 Paul Dr. on June 11, 1996 after the lot was purchased in May 1995. The dedication service in the new building was held January 5, 1997 at a cost of $1.2 Million dollars.

OUR PASTORS

1912-1916 Rev. C.T. Wetzstein

1917-1918 Rev. W. Baepler

1919-1920 Rev. A. Eissfeldt

1931-1938 Rev. M.V. Meyer

1938-1943 Rev. W.A. Eissfeldt

1944-1951 Rev. E. Schmiege

1953-1958 Rev. V. Hergesheimer

1958-1963 Rev. P. Hein

1963-1969 Rev. K. Koslowsky

1969-1971 Rev. P. Gould

1971-1977 Rev. G. Schienbein

1978-1987 Rev. C.M. Haberstock

1988-1990 Rev. A.D. Dick

1990-1997 Rev. W.G. Lunderby

1998-2020 Rev. J.R. Kreutzwieser

2020-Present Rev. J.R. Schultz

  • Facebook
  • YouTube

© 2020 Emmanuel Lutheran Church

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now